MicroRad is a unique gathering where the microwave radiometry community has an opportunity to present new designs, research results, technological advances and unique innovations in the field of passive microwave remote sensing. The meeting will cover wide radiometry applications and fields such as soil moisture and state, ocean salinity, cryosphere, ocean dynamics, sounding, radiometer calibration, radio frequency interference issues, new technologies etc. The meeting is expected to attract scientists and engineers from all over the world.
Proceedings from the MicroRad conference will be submitted to IEEE Xplore, with an IEEE special issue/section planned for the Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing (JSTARS).
MicroRad 2018 is sponsored by the Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS) of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Call for paper
Draft paper submission deadline：2018-04-15
Draft paper acceptance notification：2017-12-22
Abstract submission deadline：2017-11-12
Final paper submission deadline：2018-04-15
Call for paper description
- Theory, physical principles and electromagnetic models
- Soil moisture, soil state and vegetation
- Snow, ice and oceans
- Clouds and precipitation
- Temperature and humidity sounding
- Climate and global change
- Advanced radiometer techniques
- Sensor calibration
- Combined active/passive instruments
- Current and future satellite missions
- Small satellite instruments and missions
- UAVs for remote sensing
- Experimental campaigns
- RFI and spectrum management