Ambient intelligence refers to normal working and living environments being surrounded by embedded devices that can merge unobtrusively and innatural ways using information and intelligence hidden in the network connecting these devices (e.g. The Internet of Things). Such devices, each specialised in one or more capabilities, are intended to work together based on an infrastructure of intelligent systems, to provide a variety of services improving safety, security and the quality of life in ordinary living, travelling and working environments.
About AmI 2018
The 2018 European Conference on Ambient Intelligence (AmI 2018) has a focus on the role of Ambient Intelligence
"Towards a Smart and Human Centered Internet of Things".
We invite submissions of full and short papers as well as posters, presenting original research. AmI 2018 is an interdisciplinary venue for leading international researchers, designers, and practitioners that present and discuss new results in Ambient Intelligence.
AmI 2018 will build on the success of its predecessor conferences, which started in 2003 with the EUSAI-event in Veldhoven, The Netherlands, and later included editions of the European Conference on Ambient Intelligence, and the joint International Conference on Ambient Intelligence, which together sum a total of 14 of the most relevant events on Ambient Intelligence.
AmI 2018 will benefit from the strengths of this series like the tradition of being high-quality, rigorous and well-organized conferences. But it will also build on the experience gained and even on the weaknesses identified in past editions. We believe this conference should not only be an opportunity for publication, but also a means of community building and joint collaboration.
Therefore, for the 2018 edition, we are going to put the focus on quality, openness, synergy and usefulness of the conference, over size and other considerations.
Call for paper
Relevant research topics include, but are not limited to:
- Sensors and Actuators Networks
- Ambient Networking and Communication
- Mobile, Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing
- Internet of Things and Interconnected devices
- Internet of Humans and Human Sensors
- Artificial Intelligence Models, Methods and Techniques
- Machine Learning, Data mining and Big Data
- Modelling Context Awareness and Location-based Services
- Agent Technologies and Multi-agent Platforms
- Cloud Computing for Intelligent Ambients
- Multimodal Human-Computer Interaction
- Virtual, Mixed and Augmented Reality
- Symmetric Interaction in Real and Virtual worlds
- Reliability, Assurance and Safety
- Security, Privacy and Trust
- Systems Architecture and Middleware
- Software Development Methodologies and Tools
- Robotic Companions
- Industrial Internet and Industry 4.0
- Sustainability and Fair Trade
- Smart Homes and Intelligent buildings
- Energy Efficiency
- Ambient Assisted Living
- Healthcare and Well-being
- Smart Cities
- Connected Cars and Autonomous Driving
- Pervasive Games in Hybrid Worlds
- Ambient Intelligence Education
- Evaluation methods and techniques for Trials
- Citizen science, Living labs, Maker communities