The 65th Annual Reliability & Maintainability Symposium (RAMS®) will be held at the Walt Disney Contemporary Resort in Orlando, FL the week of January 28-31, 2019. The theme for RAMS® 2019 is “R&M In The Second Machine Age – The Challenge of Cyber Physi-cal Systems”. The evolving world of autonomous systems, artificial intelligence, new levels of complexity in human-machine teaming and automation making more and more life and death decisions intensifies the critical role of RAMS disciplines. The RAMS 2019 theme offers a broad umbrella of opportunities for papers and tutorials that address theory and application of RAMS disciplines in the design, development and support process, and how these disciplines can be applied on all technology through lessons learned, analyses, modeling and simulation, and training. Equally as important as the 2019 Symposium theme is the discussion of the classical approaches, spanning all technologies and disciplines in the focus to optimize performance. We want to learn more about how you obtain, manage, and effectively leverage any of the RAMS disciplines in your day-to-day quest to improve your technology and to bring to market those systems that make our world a better place.
With this in mind, we invite you to share your theoretical or practical findings as documented by research results, engineering studies, success stories, lessons learned, R&M based analyses and simulations, or R&M discoveries at RAMS® 2019 in Orlando. Tell us how you are designing, optimizing, and supporting systems (both hardware and software) by applying the RAMS disciplines. Tell us how you are developing new methods and how you are using reliability and maintainability in other pursuits.
RAMS® is the premier forum for sharing your experience, knowledge, and roadmaps to success. Make your contribution to the advance-ment of the RAMS disciplines and enjoy participating in the rich exchange of ideas and solutions. We want you to contribute your unique experience to our synergistic symposium sponsored by nine professional societies. Plan to submit your paper or tutorial now.
RAMS® seeks to provide a mix of papers and tutorials. Papers are the best medium to document advancements in the state- of-the-art, and those accepted will be published in the Proceedings. A short technical presentation with discussion period (approximately one-half hour) will be given for each paper at the Symposium. It is the policy of RAMS® to publish all papers presented at RAMS® in IEEE Xplore. Tutorials provide more fundamental exposure to topics. Their technical depth ranges from introductory to advanced. Tutorials are presented in two-hour in-depth sessions at the Symposium. Examples of the most recent written papers and tutorials are available in the 2018 Proceedings and the 2018 Tutorial Notes.
Call for paper
The process for presenting a paper or tutorial at RAMS® 2019 begins with your submission of an abstract. Your submittal should address topics pertinent to Reliability and Maintainability that are relevant to our theme, such as:
- Accelerated Life Testing
- Autonomous Systems and AI
- Big Data and IoT Applications in R&M Business Process Improvement
- Design Optimization Using R&M Techniques Discrete Event Modeling & Simulation Economic Models for R&M Equipment Diagnostics and Prognostics
- Fault Tolerance and Safety Critical Systems Fault Tree Analysis
- Human Reliability
- Knowledge Based Training
- Life Data Analysis
- Maintenance Models and Methodologies Physical Reliability Models
- Prognostics and Health Management
- Quality Appl. in Electronics Design & Mfg.
- R&M Applications in Aerospace
- R&M Applications in Health Care
- R&M Applications in Infrastructure Management
- R&M Applications in Manufacturing
- R&M Applications in Service
- R&M Applications in Supportability
- R&M and Quality Appl. in Communications Design & Mfg. R&M Management
- Reliability Modeling
- Reliability Growth Analysis
- Repairable Systems
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Security and Dependability Analysis
- Software Reliability and Testing
- Software Safety
- System Safety Analysis
- Warranty Data Analysis and Management