The Department of Linguistics at the University of Arizona is pleased to announce that it will host the Second North American Conference in Iranian Linguistics (NACIL2), which will take place April 19-21, 2019.
Call for paper
Draft paper submission deadline：2018-12-10
Call for paper description
We welcome abstracts on all subjects related to Iranian languages and linguistics. Submissions are invited for 20-minute talks, plus 10 minutes for discussion, and/or posters (posters should measure approx. 3ft x 4ft or 90cm x 120cm) on any aspect of Iranian Linguistics. Authors may choose between talk/poster, or express no preference.
Abstracts are invited from all areas of linguistics, including but not limited to phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, and their interfaces, language acquisition, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, sociolinguistics, computational linguistics, applied linguistics, and language documentation.
We strongly encourage contributions exploring approaches to language diversity and typological works (including but not limited to sign languages, under-represented languages and comparative studies). Abstracts for a special session on language documentation are highly encouraged.
In order to be eligible for consideration, abstracts should conform to the following requirements:
- Abstracts, including references and data, must not exceed two US letter or A4 pages in length, have 2.5 cm (1 inch) margins on all sides, and be set in Times New Roman with a font size no smaller than 11pt.
- Examples, tables, graphs, etc. must be interspersed into the text of the abstract, rather than collected at the end.
- The submission must not reveal the identity of the author(s) in any way.
- Submissions are limited to two per author, with at most one paper being single-authored.
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format through EasyChair by Monday, December 10, 2018, 11:59pm EST.
- Diana Archangeli, University of Arizona
- Mostafa Assi, Institute for Humanities and Cultural Studies
- Mohammad Dabir-Moghaddam, Allameh Tabataba'i University
- Ali Darzi, University of Tehran
- Jila Ghomeshi, University of Manitoba
- Geoffrey Haig, Universität Bamberg
- Mike Hammond, University of Arizona
- Heidi Harley, University of Arizona
- Masoud Jasbi, Harvard University
- Arsalan Kahnemuyipour, University of Toronto
- Simin Karimi, University of Arizona
- Gholamhosein Karimi Doostan, University of Tehran
- Agnes Korn, CNRS, UMR, Mondes Iranien et Indien
- Richard Larson, Stony Brook University
- Mohsen Mahdavi, University of Arizona
- Yahya Modarresi, Institute for Humanities and Cultural Studies
- Golnaz Modarresi Ghavami, Allameh Tabataba'i University
- Rana Nabors, University of Arizona
- Narges Nematollahi, University of Arizona
- Vahideh Rasekhi, Stony Brook University
- Vida Samiian, Cal State University, Fresno
- Pollet Samvelian, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle
- Ryan Walter Smith, University of Arizona
- Greg Stump, University of Kentucky
- Azita Taleghani, University of Toronto
- Deniz Tat, Leiden University
- Maziar Toosarvandani, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Adam Ussishkin, University of Arizona
- Natasha Warner, University of Arizona
- Andy Wedel, University of Arizona