The Innovating the Network for Data-Intensive Science workshop brings together network engineers and researchers to share challenges and potential solutions in the information systems and networking communities.
With its inaugural appearance at SC14 in New Orleans, INDIS has become an academic forum for experts, researchers, and engineers in research and education (R&E) networking.
The workshop encourages research papers that address one or more of the networking needs; and developments that are essential in the information systems infrastructure for the scientific discovery process.
This workshop also serves as a platform for participants in SCinet, the high-speed network built for the SC conference, to present experimental papers on their latest designs and solutions. SCinet, as a state-of-the-art network, connects many demonstrators of big science data processing infrastructures at the highest line speeds, deploys the newest technologies available, and demonstrates novel functionality.
We invite papers that propose new and novel techniques that increase the capacity and functionality of scientific computing and wide-area networks.
|Workshop Paper Submission due||Friday, September 07 Wednesday September 12, 2018 11:59 PM (AOE)|
|Notification of acceptance||Friday, September 21, 2018|
|Camera-Ready version due||Monday, October 15, 2018 (Hard Deadline)|
|Workshop Date||Sunday, November 11, 2018|
Call for paper
Draft paper submission deadline：2018-09-12
Topics of submission
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- High-speed network protocols
- Network architectures
- Securing high-speed networks
- High performance data transfer applications and techniques
- Science DMZs and other campus network constructs
- Software-defined networking and programmable networks
- Virtual Network Functions
- Optical networking
- Network Orchestration, Topology and Analytics
- Requirements and issues for network quality of service (QoS)
- Network management: diagnostics, troubleshooting, fault management, performance monitoring, configuration management
- Multi-domain networking