The Universities of Grenoble Alpes (FR), Alicante (ES) and the Open University (UK) together with Federazione Nazionale Insegnanti Centro di iniziativa per l’Europa (IT) invite you to join the Fourth edition of the International Conference on MOOCs, language learning and mobility. The conference will take place on 9 - 10 October 2020 in Naples in the halls of the Palazzo delle Arti Napoli (PAN), via dei Mille n. 60, Naples a few meters from the enchanting promenade of the city, near the Egg Castle, in an area rich in historical and artistic beauty, served by underground.
Confirmed guest speaker and topic: Alessandra Giglio, University of Dalarna (Sweden)
"Designing and implementing a MOOC in macro and micro perspectives"
As in the previous editions, this conference aims to bring together higher education professionals, CALL (Computer assisted language learning) and applied linguists and language technologists from around the world to debate issues relating to three topical areas of research, such as MOOCs, language teaching/learning and student mobility, by providing a forum for exchange of ideas, research outcomes and technical achievements. You can see who should attend the Conference here: http://conference.mooc2move.eu/index.php
The conference is free to attend but, given the limited number of places, it is requested a registration. Register at http://conference.mooc2move.eu/register.php. Confirmation of acceptance or non-registration will be sent by e-mail.
For more information on the call for proposals, the Conference Team, the Presentation Guidelines, Abstract & Paper templates and Conference Location please visit http://conference.mooc2move.eu/ . Stay tuned for updates to the conference program. If you have any enquiries, or wish to be added to the mailing list, please write an email to email@example.com
Friday conference dinner (Author Registration)
The attendance to the Friday conference dinner
EUR 40.00Attendee Register
Attendance certificate fee (Author Registration)
The conference is free to attend but, given the limited number of places, it is requested a registration. Confirmation of acceptance or non-registration will be sent by e-mail.
EUR 10.00Attendee Register
Call for paper
The conference will explore three main phenomena:
- MOOCs as a challenging model within the related fields of formal education, lifelong learning and non-formal training, its use in language learning and its impact worldwide;
- innovation in language teaching and learning methodology in an increasingly multilingual society;
- self-directed learning and the support MOOCs and other tools and resources (e.g. videos from YouTube) can provide to encourage it.
We invite proposals including research-related papers, presentations of case studies and projects as well as posters on the subject of LMOOCs (Language MOOCs), including language learning and teaching with MOOCs; OER/OEP for language learning and teaching; MOOCs and student mobility; and initiatives and developments linked to these fields supported by European and national programmes.
All papers will be peer-reviewed by independent, anonymous expert referees for their inclusion at the Collection of the MOOC2MOVE Conferences proceedings, to be published at HAL (https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/), an open-access repository run by the Centre pour la communication scientifique directe, which is part of the CNRS (French National Centre for Scientific Research).
The presentation guidelines and all the details about the abstract and paper submission as well as the templates of abstract and paper are on the platform conference.mooc2move.eu
Topics of submission
We particularly encourage proposals on, but not limited to, the following areas related to the conference themes:
- MOOCs - design, learning, teaching, quality assurance, etc.
- OER / OEP for language learning and teaching
- Pedagogical approaches in language MOOCs
- MOOCs and OERs for language teachers: new tools for professional development
- LMOOCs and skills development
- MOOCs to support multilingualism and international Mobility
- LMOOCs and learners’ motivation and achievement
- Recognition and validation of language skills acquired through MOOCs
- Monitoring and evaluating of language learning with technologies
- Assessing students’ linguistic meta-competences in MOOCs
- Assessing LMOOCs
- Mobile-assisted language teaching and learning
- Informal language learning and technologies
- Virtual classrooms, eLearning, and ePortfolio
- Technologies and/or Multimedia for Languages for Specific Purposes (LSP)
- Technologies and/or Multimedia for Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
François Mangenot; Université Grenoble Alpes, FR
Giuseppe Balirano; University of Naples “L’Orientale”, IT
Zsuzsanna Bárkányi; Open University, UK
Catherine Carras; Université Grenoble Alpes, FR
Letizia Cinganotto; INDIRE, IT
Anna Comas-Quinn; Open University, UK
Barbara Conde-Gafaro; Open University, UK
María Teresa del Olmo; University of Alicante, ES
Mara Fuertes Gutiérrez; Open University, UK
José Rovira Collado; University of Alicante, ES
Thierry Soubrié; Université Grenoble Alpes, FR
Raffaele Spiezia; Università della Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli”, IT
Maria Tabuenca Cuevas; University of Alicante, ES