The Joint Technical Committee on Natural Slopes and Landslides (JTC1) of FedICGS is delighted to invite you to join us at the 3rd JTC1 Workshop on Impact of global changes on landslide risk, to be held in Oslo, Norway on June 7th – 10th, 2023.
Dr Vittoria Capobianco, Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI), Norway
Dr Guro Grøneng, Director Geo-Environment, NGI
Dr Dominik Lang, Director Natural Hazards, NGI
The advanced topics in focus for the discussions include:
• Rock mass degradation and landslide initiation;
• Climate and anthropogenic impact on landslide risk in various geographic regions, including the Arctic;
• Prediction of landslide mobility and impact footprint, including landslides initiated at mine tailings storage facilities;
• Application of modern remote sensing technologies to landslide risk assessment;
• Landslide risk reduction strategies: risk mitigation, including early warning and nature-based solutions;
• Applications of new technologies like machine learning for landslide susceptibility and landslide hazard mapping.
Abstract Submission Deadline