The IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI-SoC 2017) is the 25th in a series of international conferences sponsored by the International Federation for Information Processing Technical Committee (IFIP TC) 10 Working Group 5, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Council on Electronic Design Automation (CEDA) and the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS), which explore the state-of-the-art in the areas of Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) and System-on-Chip (SoC) design. VLSI-SoC 2017 is held under the broad theme: “The Internet of Things: SoC Opportunities and Challenges.”
Previous conferences have taken place in Edinburgh, Trondheim, Tokyo, Vancouver, Munich, Grenoble, Gramado, Lisbon, Montpellier, Darmstadt, Perth, Nice, Atlanta, Rhodes, Florianópolis, Madrid, Hong Kong, Santa Cruz, Istanbul, Playa del Carmen, Daejeon, and Tallinn.The purpose of VLSI-SoC is to provide a forum to exchange ideas and showcase academic as well as industrial research in architectures, circuits, devices, design automation, verification, test, and security, within digital, analog, and mixed-signal systems.
VLSI-SoC 2017 will be held from October 23, 2017, until October 25, 2017, on Yas Island in the city of Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates, home of the Etihad Airways Formula One Grand Prix, and a major political, economic, and cultural center on the Arabian Gulf.
Call for paper
Topics of submission
Research topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analog, mixed-signal and sensor architectures
- Digital architectures: NoC, multi-core, and reconfigurable
- CAD: Synthesis and analysis
- Prototyping, verification, modeling, and simulation
- Circuits and systems for signal processing and communications
- Embedded systems: Architecture, design, and software
- Low-power and thermal-aware IC design
- Emerging semiconductor technologies
- Variability, reliability, and test
- Hardware security